Thursday, October 27, 2011

October 27, 2011


Hope you are all having a fabulous week and enjoying the fall weather! Here are a few updates from 5th grade:
·      Language arts: We have begun to mix it up between the two fifth grade classes and things are going great. This has been a great benefit for the students because they are able to receive instructions at a pacing that is more geared toward their level.  I know great progress will be made!
·      Math: We are still working on our division skills. It is a tricky concept for some so remember to be practicing those math facts at home.
·      Science: My previous post was all about the science fair projects so I encourage you to look at that. If you have questions please feel free to email me or we can discuss it at parent teacher conferences. Speaking of…

Parent teacher conferences are this coming week already! I sent home a reminder note with your child today so be looking for that. I look forward to meeting with each of you. Please remember the time slots are only 15 minutes; if you feel you need longer we can always schedule an additional time.

Halloween is already here! We will have the Halloween carnival on Monday and students are welcome to wear their costumes. However, no masks or weapons of any kind are allowed; we want to keep school a safe place for all!

Finally, some exciting news! As most of you heard when school started I was with Butler as a long-term substitute. As of this week I am officially a full-time teacher here and I couldn’t be more excited and am especially thrilled I get to stay with these fabulous 5th graders! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment